Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with Jason Industries out of Elkhart, In? I'm looking at purchasing a cap and would like some feedback.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wish I could help you. I to am in the market for a cap. The caps on their web site looked good though. I am looking at Leer or ARE so far. Leer is coming out with a new mid high cap model # 180. Due out this spring. I just might have to wait a bit. Let us know what you do.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked at the ARE caps but they were to expensive (at least from the place I was looking). The Jason cap runs about 1300.00 with carpeted interior and the ARE was more like 1650.00.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I had a jason on my previous truck for three years. it never gave me any trouble. be sure to ask about th warranty. i am not sure if it is the dealer or the company, but i was told when i was shopping for my last shell that some would not be warrantied if the truck was equipped with 4wd. i just bought from the place with the lowest price that included a warranty. i did not in fact need the warranty. let us know what you end up getting, and include a pic if you can. i am still debating another shell myself.

-mitch

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Mitch. I'm going back after Christmas to order and will ask about the warranty then.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Dave Lewis said:
Does anybody have any experience with Jason Industries out of Elkhart, In? I'm looking at purchasing a cap and would like some feedback.

Dave;

I bought a fiberglass tonneau cover from a local dealer that handles only Jason. It works great and is very sturdy. Carpet lined with strong latches and lift mechanism. Barrel lock. Paint matches truck exactly. Paid about 700 bucks. I went with the tonneau instead of the topper because of the ease of removal, security (can't see in the windows if they don't exist!), and improve visibility. I am very happy with it.

BTW, the top is rated to hold 600+ lbs.

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts