Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Chevy have a lowering kit for duallys pulling 5th wheels? If so anybody know the part #. The rearend is to high and needs to be lowered about 2". Tire size is 235/85r/16 this might of increased the bed height.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I got the same problem. I agree about 2 to 4 inches lower in the back would make a world of difference for towing a 5th wheel.

·
Registered
188 Posts
One option I am considering is the roadtamer from Air Lift. It replaces your rear springs and you can lower or raise the truck, even has a kneeling option that will dump it down 4-5 inches to help with off loading. It should ride better as well. Pricey though.

http://www.airliftcompany.com/ROADTAMER/Manuals/brochure.pdf

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bed Height

I was just measuring my new dually and then my old 2500HD. It is exactly 2" difference in bed height. I've already got my 5'er springs raised to the highest lift possible. I'm having my Reese Signature Series hitch remounted in the new truck, I hope I can get the hitch adjusted to get that 7" of clearance I need. Mike Z

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any of you guys find a solution to lower the bed height? Looks like with my current fiver I can't raise it anymore so I'll probally have to up grade the camper to get level when towing, wasn't what I wanted to do at this time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I went from a 02' 2500HD 4wd to an 03' 3500 Dually 2wd and my 5er still sits perfectly level. Are the 4wd dually's higher then the 2wd? They look the same, but I've never actaully measured. For either truck I didn't need to flip the 5er axles. I must have just lucked out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts