Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck arrived today and it looks great! Funny thing is, I called the salesman today to remind him to call me tomorrow when the truck arrived. He said, "Well, it just rolled up on a trailer 5 minutes ago". Very surprised and excellent timing.



I just returned from dropping off the add-ons and plan on picking it up sometime Thursday. I did take some pics for a before and after look. I also found the brake harness and fuse, it is taped up in the glove box. The dealership had already performed the PDI, but I requested another go-over because of the problems with fluids being low. I will triple check it myself before it leaves the dealer.


Well worth the wait and can't wait to drive her home. The signature changes when the metal is in the driveway!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts



Sleepless night tonight?


Pics, Pics, inquiring minds want to know....


Congrats on the soon to be new arrival. It's going to have been worth the wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts



Sonny Bear ..... COngrats.. WE Need Pics..


T Cosgrove
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
You guys are killing me
. Just kidding. Congrats SonnyBear
enjoy it!!!


I want to see picks of the twin to mine!


Zeeb,


You were right about the last 10 days! Its making me......
!!! Oh what ever happend with the dent?


(screaming) - "I WANT MY TRUCK NOW"! "RIGHT NOW"!



ok I feal better now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
SonnyBear said:
I just returned from dropping off the add-ons and plan on picking it up sometime Thursday. I did take some pics for a before and after look. I also found the brake harness and fuse, it is taped up in the glove box. The dealership had already performed the PDI, but I requested another go-over because of the problems with fluids being low. I will triple check it myself before it leaves the dealer.

What are your add-ons? If the dealer installs them for you, will they warranty them? Edited by: Hoser805
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
VooDoo,


Well I was just trying to warn you about the last ten days....



The fender wasn't really damaged too bad, it just looked awful with all that yellow paint on it. The detail guy buffed it out and all there is left are a couple of scratches about 1 inch long and maybe 1/16 wide right along the lip edge of the opening. Those pics I posted show the right rear fender, and that's the one which got hit. You can see it cleaned up okay and the tiny scratches aren't fixed yet.


The local Dent Master guys are going to fix those if it ever stops snowing around here long enough for paint to dry. It's a good thing the fenders are not steel, they flexed when hit. If they'd been steel there would have been a destroyed fender. Whew......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Admittedly, my add-ons are mild considering what some folks do for modifying their trucks. The bigger question I had for my dealer is if my additions would negate my factory warranty. The dealer and service manager both agreed that it would not affect my warranty. The items that might of caused concern were 265 tires, bilstein shocks and cranking the torsion bars 1.5 inches. The other items are very benign, although these items listed are not very significant anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a very good pic, it has been snowing like crazy around here. But, I sure think she is beautiful



Edited by: SonnyBear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
SonnyBear,


As you said, great color!!!!


Looks like you've got the factory cold front installed?


How is it to keep clean? Take on and off?


I got the Lund mesh Lexan front, but it's not what you'd call a quality item... Thought I'd try that since it's not really that cold around here, but the trans was not getting above 110 degrees or so without. It looks okay being black, but it just doesn't fit well. I'll make it work for the rest of the winter, but I'll have to have something better by next year.


So, are you as tickled as the rest of us recent new owners?


Was it worth the wait?


Inquiring minds want to know....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
SonnyBear


She sure looks good with her mittens on! Lets see some picks of the side bars and wheels! I'm going to have to get something to help me get in and out when my lift is installed.


Like the XM? I'm kinda kick'n myself for not getting it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
SonnyBear said:
Not a very good pic, it has been snowing like crazy around here. But, I sure think she is beautiful




Gotta love those loooooooong white trucks
, even if the color is BORING!
Where did you find the Waag wtw bars? I can't find anyone in my area that sells them. Very nice truck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zeeb said:
SonnyBear,


As you said, great color!!!!


Looks like you've got the factory cold front installed?


How is it to keep clean? Take on and off?


I got the Lund mesh Lexan front, but it's not what you'd call a quality item... Thought I'd try that since it's not really that cold around here, but the trans was not getting above 110 degrees or so without. It looks okay being black, but it just doesn't fit well. I'll make it work for the rest of the winter, but I'll have to have something better by next year.


So, are you as tickled as the rest of us recent new owners?


Was it worth the wait?


Inquiring minds want to know....

The front cover works good. It was a little tough putting it on. You have a couple of clips on the top of the radiator cover that pull out. Otherwise, just bend it into place. I plan on taking it off and cleaning the front every couple of weeks. Time consuming, but probably worth it.


Love the truck. So far, worth every penny. We live on a acreage with a gentle slope incline gravel driveway that is about 400 ft. from the highway. The 4x4 worked great. Our van is now parked at the bottom in a snow drift! The Chevy parks in front of the house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Voodoo said:
SonnyBear


She sure looks good with her mittens on! Lets see some picks of the side bars and wheels! I'm going to have to get something to help me get in and out when my lift is installed.


Like the XM? I'm kinda kick'n myself for not getting it.

Thanks, when the weather clears up, more pics to follow on the "ride look likes" thread. The XM is nice, but I still prefer local programs. I know many folks love it. Time will tell. If you upgrade, check out the XM website before you do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
flhrciblueice said:
SonnyBear said:
Not a very good pic, it has been snowing like crazy around here. But, I sure think she is beautiful




Gotta love those loooooooong white trucks
, even if the color is BORING!
Where did you find the Waag wtw bars? I can't find anyone in my area that sells them. Very nice truck!

I purchased the bars off of eBay. Great deal. A few scratches. Work perfectly. I paid less than $150. I will look up the seller tonight and post a link to his auctions. LB white trucks are COOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
LB white trucks are COOL






I'll second that!
Edited by: flhrciblueice
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top