Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for some of you about my truck, first of all it is a 2005 GMC cc with duramax and the Edge EZ and the boost stick, EGR blocker plate and the finger stick everything else is stock. The other night i went to a friends house and when i went inside i left my truck running because it was about 10 degrees outside and i guess i was in there for about 30 minutes then i came out and jumped in it and took off, well when i took off the motor started popping and missing and acting like it didn't even want to run and finally when i got up to speed it cleared up and hasn't done it again. I kind of reminding me of a old carb that was loading up. Has this ever happen to anyone if so what caused this.

Thanks.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Might have something to do with the edge. I leave mine running all night when I sleep in it and had no problems.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Fuel gelling maybe?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Kyle;1594359; said:
I have a question for some of you about my truck, first of all it is a 2005 GMC cc with duramax and the Edge EZ and the boost stick, EGR blocker plate and the finger stick everything else is stock. The other night i went to a friends house and when i went inside i left my truck running because it was about 10 degrees outside and i guess i was in there for about 30 minutes then i came out and jumped in it and took off, well when i took off the motor started popping and missing and acting like it didn't even want to run and finally when i got up to speed it cleared up and hasn't done it again. I kind of reminding me of a old carb that was loading up. Has this ever happen to anyone if so what caused this.

Thanks.....
"Funny how? Like a Clown Funny?"

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CrumBrosInc;1594726; said:
"Funny how? Like a Clown Funny?"

Not understanding your comment.........

I don't think it was the fuel gelling because i don't think it would have cleared up that fast, but who knows it might not do it ever again, but it would be nice to know the reason it did it .

·
Registered
712 Posts
Have you checked with Edge to see if others have had the problem? It may help narrow the search because programmers are known to do strange things sometimes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Kyle;1596472; said:
Not understanding your comment.........

I don't think it was the fuel gelling because i don't think it would have cleared up that fast, but who knows it might not do it ever again, but it would be nice to know the reason it did it .
It's a quote from a movie. I didn't mean to be a thread killer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kyle;1594359; said:

Thanks.....

Hey Kyle,

I have a 2004 LLY and have had the same problem with popping, pinging, missing, whatever after idling for 30 minutes or so. Just waiting to hear from edge.

·
Registered
407 Posts
btfarm;1597115; said:
Christopher Walken - True Romance? I got it:D
Joe Pesci: What do ya mean, funny? Let me understand this cause, I don't know maybe it's me, I'm a little f***** up maybe, but I'm funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh... I'm here to ******' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

·
Registered
712 Posts
:eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
45 Posts
popping

my truck popped 1 time real bad on acceleration in the summer time(warm temps out side,cool truck just started it),popped through the intake side of engine.never ever did it again.wish i could be more help.

·
Registered
712 Posts
4x4toys;1597644; said:
my truck popped 1 time real bad on acceleration in the summer time(warm temps out side,cool truck just started it),popped through the intake side of engine.never ever did it again.wish i could be more help.
Was it when you had your Edge on?

·
Registered
14 Posts
CATF7Rider;1597076; said:
Hey Kyle,

I have a 2004 LLY and have had the same problem with popping, pinging, missing, whatever after idling for 30 minutes or so. Just waiting to hear from edge.

Here's what Edge had to say:

"The next time you have our product off, please have the truck
up-dated from GM. GM issued a TSB in 05' about a fuel knock that
happens when getting to operating temps. We only make it more
noticeable, due to the advanced timing.

The LLY has two limp modes. One limits you @ 2000 RPM, due to
lack of fuel pressure. The second is an Allison limp mode, locks it out
of OD, due to the stock transmission not being able to keep up.

Neither I can stop from happening, GM controls them. Some
customers have tried other after-market to keep it from happening,
however once it starts, it seems to be more likely to happen. Please
let us know."

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CATF7Rider,
Thanks for the imformation and let me know if you get yours updated anytime soon and if it fixed the problem and i will do the same if i get mine updated before you do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts