Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck originally came with the small mirrors, but as part of the deal we split the cost on set of camper mirrors that they were to install. The mirrors came in and have been installed, but the memory feature for the mirrors doesn't work and the dealer when asked said it didn't work with the camper mirrors and that would be fine except when I use the seat memory function the mirrors move to someplace else. I tried getting everything positioned and then resetting the memory setting but they still don't work right. They aren't even consistent on where they point to. I tried the tilt for reverse in the DIC and that was even worse. The driver mirror went pointing up to the sky. Sometimes both move sometimes only one.

Is there soemthing that needs to be repprogrammed for the mirrors? Does someone have a truck with the 06 camper mirros that can confirm how theirs work? I thought that these were plug and play so it should have been easy for the dealer to install, right?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
They will need to reprogram the drivers door module, passenger door module and instrument cluster.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It sounds like you don't the right setting(s) disabled in the DIC for the mirror memory feature. Below is from the TTT mirror install guide regarding the mirror memory issue you describe.

MY 2003 ONWARDS ONLY
If your vehicle was previously fitted with memory
mirrors, the automatic memory adjustment function
on the Remote Keyless Entry Transmitter and the
Ignition Key Memory Operation should be disabled.
This is because the mirrors will adjust the position of
the main glass when the memory function is used, and
will then need to be adjusted back to their correct
position. Please refer to your owner’s manual to disable
this function.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Ahhh, Max is right. I was assuming the dealer had already reprogrammed the door modules with the camper mirror code (DPF I believe vice DL3). The DIC disable settings are done once the truck has been reprogrammed for the camper mirrors.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so I need to have the drivers and passengers modules along with the instruments cluster, but does that mean that the memory feature should work with the camper mirrors? I would like to confirm whether they should work or not before I go back to the dealer as he doesn't seem to know whether they should or not.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts