Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help:

I just got a winter front for my '05 3500 Dually. I can not get the dang thing on. :confused: It seems like it is too small. :mad: The little pamphlet they include with it doesn't tell you much except that it may appear to be too small and to warm it up first. I tried that and still no luck. I bent the tabs over and when I snap it up on top the bottom pulls out. I know it needs to be tight, but you gotta be able to get it on.

Can anyone post and pictures or provide me a little advise.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
961 Posts
what i do is get all the bottom clips on then i slide the tabs in on the sides then pull the straps on top corners then finally snap the buttons seem to work good for me good luck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well here is a picture of my winter front, it does take a little time to put on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I am just having trouble keeping the bottom and the sides from pulling out. I hope I have the right one.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Speaking of winter fronts, where were the clips located in the kit. You might not believe this, but a friend of mine has been running with no clips or anything on his and only had it fall off once. All it has is cloth tabs...

·
Registered
71 Posts
after years of rag top Jeeps... Put it under an electric blanket set on high.. gets really pliable and will stretch to what you want. chucker

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
after years of rag top Jeeps... Put it under an electric blanket set on high.. gets really pliable and will stretch to what you want. chucker
Thats a great idea. I wonder how the wife would like cudduling with my winter front?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
you can also put it in the dryer that will also work

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes, warm it up and try to do it in the garage so that the cover does not cool down right away. Makes a HUGE difference... Good news is that it will fall right on next year!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Thats a great idea. I wonder how the wife would like cudduling with my winter front?
..........................Nope, I'm just not going to go there!:shake: :nono:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I found if you fasten the clip near center on one side then the snap above it the cover will stay in place and go on easy. Then hook the clip on the other side of center than the snap above it. Hook the rest of the clips on one side then the top cord and tuck in the bags. Do the other side the same and yes it is best to have the cover above 70 degrees when you put it on. The cover that came with my truck had the clips bent even though the instructions said to bend them.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just throw mine in the dryer for a few minutes and it goes on easy.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
First time i put mine on i ran extension cord out and used a hair dryer to warm it up a bit. seemed to do the trick

·
Registered
311 Posts
Lund makes one that is paintable black plastic that fastens with j-hook type screws and thumb nuts. Very easy to put on. Costs around $45. It does not have to be heated up to install. Very easy to use.
Todd

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess I should have gotten the Lund instead of eh OEM.

Maybe most of my trouble is figuring which direction to bend the tabs and where to attach it to. The book says clip to the structure. I bent my tabs to the back side and am trying to clip it to the back side of the grill lip. Maybe I am suppose to bend them to the front and clip it to the bumper? Any comments?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
no its supposed to hook to the grill .are the tabs bent just about half and half mine i just installed about a month ago and went pretty easy its a
shame though that i had to take off already started to run hot cant trust
michigan weather below 30 one day next 40 to 50 out it worked well with
it on though i used both bumper and grill cover i did attach the bottom first then the sides then snapped the top no problems nice and tight just
the way i like it. good luck

·
Registered
500 Posts
I found that the instructions referring to the bending of the tabs to be referring to the bumper cover. The winter front cover already had the tabs bent in a J-shape. I just hooked them underneath and inside the grill, snapped it, inserted the side tabs and hooked up the elastic hoops. Now, I know why my wife sometimes asks for help with her "front cover". ;)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well I End Up Putting A Lund Cover On My Truck And It Fit Great..
However No Electric Blankets At My House.. Just Hang It On The Wall Next To My Wife And It Will Warm Up Fast!!

Arm

1 - 20 of 30 Posts