Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
having trouble on install

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
m

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well -- I want to I just don't know about it. I could get the tank down, but personally (maybe it's just me) I can't get much out of Trippin's pickup instructions.

I'd love to install it if I had better detailed instructions for each.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Yeah dont give up that easy. Im sure a phone call to Guy would clear up any questions you had with the installation of his pickup. The pumps are pretty straight forward. Once its apart you will see what needs to be done and how to do it. If not i could be persuaded into the pickup :D

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
pm trippin and have him help you out man i bet he will have no problem doing that for you

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Seth,

If it is the sending unit modifcation that is holding up the project, I can mod your sending unit for you, no charge. Just pull it out and send it to me.

Let me know how I can help. :D

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
If you do decide to sell, I'm interested in the pumps!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Seth,

If it is the sending unit modifcation that is holding up the project, I can mod your sending unit for you, no charge. Just pull it out and send it to me.

Let me know how I can help. :D
see i told you he would be willing to help you out so do it and get the help

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well -- Trippin' I looked over the instructions, and again I just can't figure it out. I've done a lot all of the work on my truck (except these two), and I don't know what all the words are (filler tube, fuel line boss, etc...). I can follow directions well, but I just don't know what some of that stuff in the directions are.

I don't feel so intimidated with the lift pumps because I'll already have the tank down.

Coyotekid -- I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I PM'd you my cell phone number. Call me and I'll see if I can be of better assistance verbally.

At the very least, be sure to install the Kennedy pump system.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I just did the TTS pumps and pick up myself. It was pretty intimidating and the directions provided needed some serious help. But if you just get in there and do it you'll be able to figure it out. Steve helped me on the phone as Trippin will help you. Believe it or not those guys can be patient. You'll be happy you did it yourself once youve got it done and working. DO IT.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I'm open to any changes that you feel need to be made to the instruction sheet.

After doing so many installs sometimes it is hard to think like a first timer when writing up the instruction sheets.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would like more info on the photos & a few more photos in general -- personally. Tell me what each tube is (w/ an arrow or something). Tell me more about the first part w/ the zip tie -- don't understand that part very well at all. A little more detailed for us who want to do it ourselves, but aren't complete in our knowledge of the fuel tank etc...

I appreciate your willingness to help.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I assume your not selling so I'll edit and move to the fuel forum.

·
Registered
302 Posts
IIRC, you put the zip tie to mark how far down the sending unit is before you remove it. You have to remove the sending unit off from the bottom of the 3 round bars to install the pickup. You have to remove the semi-clear corrugated tube that goes from the pickup cup up to the bulkhead. Once you remove the tubing you have no idea how long you need to cut the new piece of tubing that fits onto the new pickup up to the new bulkhead kit. That is where the zip tie comes in. Measure using the zip tie as a refence to cut your new tubing. If you try to '"guess" how long the new piece of tuning is and guess to long, it is a bear to get off the cup or the -10 AN fitting top cut a little more off. If you are too long, the sending unit will be too long and you won't be able to fit it back into the tank and put the locking ring back on the bulkhead.

Hope I didn't confuse you any more.

I have a bunch of photos I took when I did mine that I haven't posted on my photos page yet. If you want I can probably do that for ya. Sometimes pictures make things alot clearer

Good luck,
Greg
Greg

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll take all the pictures you got. Sorry for turning this into another question. I was going to sell, but if I get more informed about it I might tackle it.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
The sending unit assembly has spring tension to push the pickup toward the bottom of the tank. When you take it out it gets longer. That is why you use the zip ties. You put the zip ties on and put the sending unit back into the tank. When you take it back out of the tank you have a reference of where it all was when installed. If you have the time, take Guy up on the offer to mod the sending unit. That is the most unnerving part of the whole deal. You can do it!

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
If you have a ruler that is all you need to "blueprint" the depth of the sender. Measure from the floor of the tank to the top of the seal and note this measurement.

Then set the pickup hose length so that you end up with about 1/4" greater dimension from bottom of pickup assy to underside of sender head. The rigidity of the hose does not allow the revised unit to follow the tank floor as well so a litle but of compression will make sure it stays on the floor.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.