Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back from a small trip yesterday. Towed a couple of ATV's for 150 miles. With all of the gear and wheelers I guess I had about 3k in the trailer and truck bed. Nothing big at all.

When I get home I unload the trailer and restart the truck to take it back when I get a "shifter out of range" reading. There was no line under the PRND321 like there normally is. And the truck would NOT go in any gear at all.

Well this concerned me. I shut off the truck and went inside the house for a few minutes to search the forum to see if anyone here had seen this.

When I went back outside It started right up and went in gear.

It did throw a DTC code . I got the code pulled and it is a 0841. Anyone seen this?

Mike

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Something tells me that it's your NSBU switch. Although you have a 2003 some still have the black switch that aren't waterproof. The switch is on the drivers side of the tranny. Nick

·
Registered
24 Posts
LONE WOLF867 GO 2 DEALER AND TELL THEM TO CHANGE THE SWITCH AS PER THE SERVICE BULLETIN MY FATHER IN-LAW IS SERVICE MANG. AT DEALER HERE IN MICHIGAN AND MINE IS CHANGED..........THE TECH SAID THAT WOULD HAPPEN WHAT YOU WROTE. SORRY SO STUPID SOUNDING REALLY TIRED

1 - 3 of 3 Posts