Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing an Isspro 0-40 boost and matching Pryo this weekend in a trippn o'head mount on a new console with the homelink buttons. I recieved everything today (thanks Kennedy and Brian from JP Customs) in good shape. I have found 3 things I could use answers to.

1... The mount doesn't seem to want to stay in place and I see there are screw holes toward the ends. Does anyone know offhand what size screws fit in there so I can fab up an angle bracket for bracing?

2... The homelink has an orange and white wire to hook up. There is also a black wire that ties into the dome lights so I don't think the orange or white are grounds. Anyone know where the proper place to hook these two wires up too?

3... The Isspro pyro come with a booster box that I think I can velcro up with the guages. Is there any reason I shouldn't be able to shorten the wires so I don't have such a cluster up there?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe.. thx for the reply. The one I have has nothing to lock it in on the bottom side like there is on the top. Other then that it fits like a glove. Is that phrase any good since the Simpson trial? It does seem like someone had their thinking cap on when they included those screw holes. ;)

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
As for the Isspro box, I would suggest NOT altering the wire lengths if possible. Makes warranty simpler if there ever is a need.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just put all that stuff in my truck. Make sure you are pushing the larger dimension part of the trippin mount into the o/h console so that it is flush and does not stick out. I had to push like a mother****** to get mine in there. There's no way it's gonna fall out. As for the wiring.....white is for the lights in the buttons - tie it into dash lights. Black is ground. Orange is your constant 12V.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wires I am speaking of are directly related to the homelink as there is a connector specific to the lights and buttons. It's a 3 wire connector with the black looping around and tieing in with the ground from the lights.

I can get the mount in flush but the bottom keeps rotating back out from the weight of the unit. It's all good though since he added the screw holes so I can fab up something to lock it in.

Another question... I am guessing that the tripppn switches are orientated that the center pole is signal, pole opposite the lighted end is power, and lighted end of the switch is ground. Make sense?

Thanks for your input guys.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My guess was correct then. I got it completed and it looks fantastic. It was a little more work then I had researched as the hotness guide is for Autometer guages that don't have the boost box to install and that I also added the homelink console. I used double sided tape and stuck the box to the console behind the guages. It also seems that the Isspro and Autometer mounting brackets are clocked a little different as I couldn't seem to get the boost guage perfectly clocked. (note that no-one has noticed this yet unless I said something) Now I just need to be good until I can add some goodies to make use of those switches. I really like the Black trippn mount as the chrome while looking great was just a bit too much flash for my taste. I will try to get some pics posted before we move to Texas. Thanks for the assistance on this site and great service provided by the vendors. I can't recommend enough how easy it is to work with Kennedy and quality of service provided by both he and JP Customs as well as Trippn. I will be back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts