Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to add a set of pillar gauges in the next few weeks, but was wondering if I should just add doubles (egt/boost) or go with triples (egt/boost/fuel pressure). Is the fuel pressure necessary because it is the most expensive. I plan on adding dual pumps, and shim mod.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
If you plan on adding lift pumps, then a Fuel Pressure gauge is nice for monitoring pump operation. Until you add lift pumps though, the Fuel Pressure gauge is useless, because the stock system works off of vacum.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
for a third guage you can go with a tranny temp.
Just a thought.

Mark

·
Registered
874 Posts
You're gonna have a hard time finding a gauge to measure 26,000 psi!!!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
for a third guage you can go with a tranny temp.
Just a thought.
Many do it, why I'm not sure. We get one from the factory.

You're gonna have a hard time finding a gauge to measure 26,000 psi!!!
:funnypost :eek: If you tap in at the fuel filter head, you can measure it easilly with a 30 psi. gauge.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
isn't there a way to go off the bleeder screw?

what's the most painless way?
Yup, Diesel Power has a trhead in the DIY section. You will need Gates hydraulic fitting # 63120-1002. 10mm o-ring fitting to 1/8 Npt.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Many do it, why I'm not sure. We get one from the factory.

Guess I'm stuck in the olden days when they did not have the tranny temp in the truck already.
I'm also too chicken to get into a new truck because I may get spoiled/excited and jump deeper into debt:eek: :cool: :rolleyes:

Mark

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Guess I'm stuck in the olden days when they did not have the tranny temp in the truck already.
No problem man
I'm also too chicken to get into a new truck because I may get spoiled/excited and jump deeper into debt:eek: :cool: :rolleyes:
Deeper in debt :rolleyes: spoiled :cool: excited :D , Yup it's worth it. ):h :lol:

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts