Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love it, I almost talked myself outta getting this in favor of an edge or VA box, Im glad I didnt now, nothing against either one of these, iv tried the VA and liked it a lot and I hear edge is top notch to, but this is defiantly the best bang for the buck, I got a great deal, 480 bucks brand new, I put it on yesterday and was fairly happy with it, nothin special though, so today I went to wal mart and picked up a usb cable and came home and upgraded it to the crazy larry tune, for free I might add, and lets just say its got some potential, I cant find out yet since I cant go past 2000 rpms in 5th and 6th gear with out the cutch slipping and/or the clutch pettal sticking to the floor. Iv been wantin some smoke for a long time and iv finnaly got it, pretty sure I can put most of the dodges to shame now, ill try and get some pics if anybody dont beivev me, might be a while though since truck will probably be at the dealer all next week gettin a new flywheel. I got up beside a automatic hemi on the way home from wally world and was on the 110 setting then since i didnt have crazy larry yet and lets just say he didnt want none, im just glad there were red lights in front of us though cauz even on 110 i couldnt go past 2000 in 5th or 6th, but luckily he turned off before i ever need the last 2 gears, and i honestly believe that if i had a ddc and smf i could make that hemi or any other kinda of gasser like that look like there settin still. The switch on the fly is pretty handy to.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Started this thread a little while back bragging on this product and im still really happy with it but last week i took it off so i could take my truck to the dealer and have some work done and now that iv got my trucks back it feels like its still on there, actually it feels exactly like it did when i was doing the tri before you buy and had the test tune on there, i havnt put it back on yet cauz im tryin to break my new clutch in a little first, heres the only thing i can think of, when i downloaded it the first time im thinkin maybe instead of saving my actual stock tune it saved the trial tune, but the trial tune had been off for atleast 2 weeks when i downloaded the actual thing, not that big of a deal i guess but jw if anybody else has had this probelm. Thanks

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
chevy_9465,

We sell a lot of the Power Pups and Triple Dogs and folsk love the Crazy Larry programs!! Watch that tranny, you got a lot of HP there!!

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
45 Posts
you got shift on fly with that programmer? How does that work? I have been wanting a chip or something and have been thinking about the edge. Can you tell me how the Triple Dog works, I thought it was a downloader but, would be interested if is adjustable. Thanks

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea its adjustable on the fly, pretty cool, works good, just plug it up, kinda hard to do and drive at the same time though, but you dont have to pull over and reload it just to get a smaller tune if you need to tow something, thats my favorite thing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How do get the crazy larry for free out of a usb.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You gotta have the triple dog, wont work with the regular power pup, you just go to bullydog.org and put in you serial # and stuff and download the CL tune to your pc then you plug in the triple dog and go from there, its pretty cool, best bang for the buck IMO.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
very cool to hear cuz all along I thought bully dog was bs. Gotta say I'm impressed with the smoke looks good.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
alltimelow1,

As a clarification the Power Pups require you to stop and reprogram the truck to change HP levels. The Triple Dog can stay plugged up to the OBDII port and you can change them any time you want. Plus the TD is USB internet upgradeable too thru Bully Dog's web site, and it works on the 6.0 Ford and 5.9 Dodges too! Give me a call if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Whats the power rating of the CL tune? Anyone dynoed it? If so, what did it make? Does this stack well with anything?

C-ya

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
So it dynos in the mid 450rwhp range?

C-ya

1 - 14 of 14 Posts