Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this board so hello everyone I just bought a 2001 single cab max that has never had anything done to it it has 107000 miles i put a juice/ attitude on it now when i get after it hits the rev limiter just before it shifts and makes it slow, its shifting at about 3500 when it shifts it runs like a raped ape until time to shift again is there anyway to correct this,the truck has 275/75 tires on it and its about 8 miles an hour different on the speedo than on the edge i need help because im getting beat on low end but strong on big end any help would greatly be appreciated. thanks chipped tooth

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I don't beleve you have a rev limiter at 3500 RPM. Are you letting the trany learn the power level you are choosing? and what is that level you are running?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
it will defuel before 3500 RPM

he just bought it so i bet he has not let it learn yet

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I moved this to the appropriate forum 'Allison OEM' so you will get proper responses.

Welcome to the DieselPlace.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the move and i know nothing about this, this is my first deisel and im dumb to it so what do i need to learn thank for the replies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it does it when the defueling is turned off, it also does it without the juice,ive read on here where people are putting different year ecm on because of 01 ecm problems what does this consists of and how much $$$ thanks for all the replies this is one bad board.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
The ECM will defuel between shifts even if the Edge isn't. The edge seems to make this more noticeable.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
The rev limiter is before 3500 RPM... its 3250 I think. Whats probably happening is you have the Edge cranked up so much that the transmission is slipping and "flareing" the shifts. Thats what causes the sudden rise in RPM right before the shift.

--ben

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
what level do you have the edge set at

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
The rev limiter is before 3500 RPM... its 3250 I think. Whats probably happening is you have the Edge cranked up so much that the transmission is slipping and "flareing" the shifts. Thats what causes the sudden rise in RPM right before the shift.

--ben
I never had a flaring problem with my Edge. I had flaring when I used the predator and it never totally went away. That was with and without the SCIV.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
The ECM will defuel between shifts even if the Edge isn't. The edge seems to make this more noticeable.
The defuel tables are in the ECM........it would not be wise to mess with them....:badidea:

I know bad things can happen when you do......:eek:

Don't ask, you wouldn't want to know.....):h

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Mine doesnt flare the shifts ever since I did the Suncaost IV...shifts awesomely!!! :confused:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
set it at the power level that you want to drive at and leave the tranny(TCM) has to relearn how to shift with the extra power. It can take a while for it to learn so just get it time.

Also anything above lev. 3 and you are asking for trans whoa's

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
The defuel tables are in the ECM........it would not be wise to mess with them....:badidea:

I know bad things can happen when you do......:eek:

Don't ask, you wouldn't want to know.....):h
Ain't that the truth! I don't even look at those tables. I talked with Mike L. sometime last year and the Allison definately needs defueling between shifts even a built trans. Definately a :badidea: to get rid of the defueling. I think if Edge is magnifying it (it's what it seems) then Edge needs to address this issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts