Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Chevy 3500 SRW 4X4, Super Chip programmer on level 2. I left some auxillary lights on and drained the batteries dead. I put a charger on the truck over night and plugged in the block heater, started it the next morning with no problem. I let it warm up, it's been fairly cold here -5, when I got back in the truck the check engine light was on and when I shifted into reverse it wouldn't go anywhere and the indicator light below R was blinking? In Drive it would move slightly. I put the stock setting back in and the check engine light went out and it went into gear normally but I think it may be shifting a little irratically. I ran the scanner on it and it came back with three codes, PO700, PO841, PO843. I called the dealer (I did not tell them I had the programer on the truck) and they said as long as the check engine light stays off don't worry, the shifting will stabilize after the transmission "re-learns" the shift patterns which were ereased from the lack of battery power. Does this make sense or could I be damaging the transmission? The truck only has 19,000mi on it and I've never been hard on it, never limped the tranny or even carried or towed much weight. Probably just being paranoid but rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for any feed back. Also with the stock setting back in the truck is there any way they can tell if it was re-programed. And do you think the programer had anything to do with this or was it just a coincidense?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
They cannot tell if you had a programmer on it. Unless you do something like leave some direct evidence of it on the truck seat or something. I cannot really answer your other two questions. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in. Welcome to DP.

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
You did not damage trans. When the battery went dead you lost TCM memory. Usually the P0800 codes are Pressure Switch Manifold electrical codes. That does not mean you have an electrical problem; what it does mean is that the little pressure switches on the PSM were not grounding and could be hydraulic or electrical. You are probably good to go with a charged battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike L,
What's your opinion of the Super Chip Programmer on level 2. OK or stay stock? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
SJB;1576989; said:
Mike L,
What's your opinion of the Super Chip Programmer on level 2. OK or stay stock? Thanks for the info!
It should be fine at that level as long as you have not previously limped it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts