Five reasons to install a deep pan.
1. It actually lowers the transmission fluid temperature.
2. It would increase the time it takes to get the fluid hot in an intermittent mode, i.e. climbing a hill while towing but not lower it in normal driving.
3. Gives the owned a sence of "security" because he has one.
4. In the case of the Mag Hytec it increases the "Cool" factor of the truck cause it looks very neat.
5. Your addicted and just can't stop throwing money at your new truck.
I would like to here from those of you who have ACTUALLY put a deep pan on your truck. Which pan, any decrease in temperature under what operating conditions, do you feel it was worth the money spent and would you do it again??
Are we all crazy! Spend 45K on a new truck and then start replacing parts that GM Engineers spent years developing. My $0.02 stock shocks are going in the s**t can as soon as my Bilsteins arrive. Stock tranny pan may be right behind the shocks.