Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten member!
14,325 Posts
It's not a dummy valve. What we are doing is unplugging the main mod solenoid which controls line pressure and plugging in another identical solenoid into the harness. This will raise line pressure to a constant 250 psi and satisfy the TCM which will be firing the dummy solenoid and not set off a CEL.

·
14,325 Posts
HI Guys,

From what im gathering the solenoid valve is there only to satisfy the control module and not throw a code and then the tuner can control line pressure.

If you have PPEI do the tranny tune they can control the pressures without replacing the solenoid. Again this is my understanding and not certain of the information

The tuner can not control line pressure. He can defeat the main mod solenoid by shutting it off. The dummy solenoid does the same thing exactly.
So you can choose a 400.00 TCM mod or a 60.00 solenoid. feel rich? Go for it.

·
14,325 Posts
If one did this on a stock transmission and stock truck in terms of engine tuning, would it prolong the transmission life or be a waste?

Wouldn't do much of anything for a stock truck. It would increase fuel consumption and run higher trans temps.
This mod is for people that want to run more power and not build the trans. It is a band aid only. In my observations, the TCM will not limp the Alli like it did on the earlier models. What it will do is pull serious power very subtly. You might not even notice it. But if you drag race, you will notice it in your time slips. I have observed a 1 second increase with a stock Alli with a programmer. I have also dropped that 1 second increase with a dummy solenoid. ( temporarily till the clutches burn )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts