Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question: What make/brand of transmission fluid does the factory use and where is the best place to purchase it? I need to do my spin on filter and do not want to use the wrong fluid. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody out there? I am ready to go w/ a new filter and a spare magnet but I don't want to mix fluids. The truck is a 05 GMC 3500 D/A. Anyone?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Fish, I see you are in Sav too. I went to costal and they didn't have the new DexronVI, not sure if your truck calls for it but my 06 does. As far as Alli spin-on filter, there is an allison service place over by Sams club of Hwy 17 that has the filters for $8 and some change. It is called W.W. distributing or something like that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I would have known about the filter place near Sam's. I bought them online for $10. The shipping made it worse. Let me know if you hear of a good place for the fluid. Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Quick question: What make/brand of transmission fluid does the factory use and where is the best place to purchase it? I need to do my spin on filter and do not want to use the wrong fluid. Thanks.
Hey do a search in the Allison section...there is a ton of usefull info on there that really taught me a bunch, good luck! :grd:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts