Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The factory cooler just sucks. Its not a temperature thing its the leaking. I'm on number two and it leaking again right around where the hoses enter the cooler. I'm thinking it maybe a vibration problem but who knows. All I want to do is cut those sorry a$$ metal lines and put in hoses with clamps. Is there an aftermarket cooler at a reasonable price out there that won't screw up the tranny. Allison said everything had to be right on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Volvospeed;1608113; said:
Why not use the factory one and just swedge on AN fittings?
Its leaking around the metal plate where the hose enters the cooler and around the stud coming out.

·
Registered
684 Posts
should be warranty right? if so keep bugging them. if not then well yeah its time to go after market.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It's a alum. vs steel thing as told to me by the mech. at the dealer that does my work .Call the GM med.duty hot line and complain about the durably of the cooler lay it on how much you like the truck and how you have owned many GM trucks . tell them that it you are doing your 3th cooler for the same reason be humble and nice. Sugar gets more than spice. Good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coaster Chaser;1610940; said:
It's a alum. vs steel thing as told to me by the mech. at the dealer that does my work .Call the GM med.duty hot line and complain about the durably of the cooler lay it on how much you like the truck and how you have owned many GM trucks . tell them that it you are doing your 3th cooler for the same reason be humble and nice. Sugar gets more than spice. Good luck
I think they've had enough from me. I've been on the phone with them complaining about all the other problems that I've had. I'll try again but they didn't do anything about the others.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
james245;1616699; said:
Just fixed one those fittings will always be trouble. I went to local tubes & hoses and had new lines intalled and went with a larger cooler.
Which cooler would that be?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.