It is very common, I would have them replaceed with an after market kit though.
I used Alligator performance and they are working great
Damn, $59 shipped for the adaptor is a good priceI have the same truck with half as many miles. I had to replace the intermediate steering shaft and transmission cooler lines. Be sure they replace all three lines and not just one they think is leaking. I used the 5/8" Alligator Performance lines as well, but if you aren't towing, the less expensive 1/2" lines are fine. Since they are in there anyway, have them flip the transmission cooler 180*. It puts the cooler in the path of air instead of behind the bumper.
It sounds like you're getting a great truck from a conscientious seller.
After you get the truck, search the forum for directions on:
I'm in the middle of doing all the above for this summer's towing of a fifth wheel camper primarily due to the age and not miles on the truck.
- Transmission Flush with Transynd if they didn't do it with the hose replacement. Screw on Filter change at the same time.
- Coolant drain and flush with Dexcool
- Front and Rear differential oil - good synthetic 75-90 or 75-110 weight if you tow heavy.
- Transfer case oil - Transynd transmission fluid same as above.
- Power Steering hydroboost flush. search forum for this info.
- Brake line Flush
- Fuel filter adapter to convert to CAT filter and new CAT filter. Search for info. Underground Diesel Performance currently has this on sale at a great price. I just ordered mine. Not expensive and very beneficial.