Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving up the interstate dodge hemi pulled up next to me and wanted to race so I set my edge box up to 4 and steped on it when the tranny dropped to 4th it locked in and would not come out would not even drop down manually or go into reverse CEL came on parked truck let it sit started it up tranny was fine check engine light went off after awihle has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I was driving up the interstate dodge hemi pulled up next to me and wanted to race so I set my edge box up to 4 and steped on it when the tranny dropped to 4th it locked in and would not come out would not even drop down manually or go into reverse CEL came on parked truck let it sit started it up tranny was fine check engine light went off after awihle has anyone experienced this?
You overpowered the allison and limped it. Odds are it will get easier and easier to do. Best back down the power or get ready to spend big $$$ on a tranny upgrade....

When it dropped into 4th, that wasn't a downshift, that was the exact point you limped it.

0700 and 0735 codes for you!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you what do you recomend for the tranny because like everone else I dont want to back down on power ):h

·
Registered
262 Posts
save your pennies in 100 dollar increments):h

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Call Mike L.

Someone please post the Inglewood info......

Nevermind, the number is 310-674-4400

There are other excellent DP vendors that should post their info too.....

Merchant can help you as well, he's in Massachusetts (or somewhere on Earth)

http://www.gmdieseltech.com

Eric Merchant (an appropriate name for someone who sells stuff!)

·
Registered
625 Posts
So I bet you still beat the Dodge even in limp mode :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys this is a good forum any opinions on intercooler upgrades since ive been on here ive already ordered a EGR block off

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Thanks guys this is a good forum any opinions on intercooler upgrades since ive been on here ive already ordered a EGR block off
Don't waste your $$ on an intercooler unless there's something wrong with the one you have.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Ok Michigan then

Merchant Automotive, LLC
Holland, MI
616-399-7169

Guess the MA of Merchant Automotive threw me :confused: :help:
You are having a good old time tonight.:D Wish I lived closer. I could knock on your door and ask if I could partake of some of that stuff that put you in this mood.:exactly: ):h :D
mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts