Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a transgo kit in my 02 dmax. I've got the kit and torque converter, but I want to put aftermarket clutches in. What kind should I go with. Also is there any o-rings or gaskets that dont come in the kit that I will need. I want to have everything I need before I tear it down.

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
hoffy19dmax;1589152; said:
I am doing a transgo kit in my 02 dmax. I've got the kit and torque converter, but I want to put aftermarket clutches in. What kind should I go with. Also is there any o-rings or gaskets that dont come in the kit that I will need. I want to have everything I need before I tear it down.
I would buy the clutches from the same place you got the converter. None of the clutch kits come with o rings or seals; you will have to buy them separately.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
From what we have seen over the years the aftermarket clutchs do not seem to be much if any better than the good old factory clutchs when properly installed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'll be installing my SCIII next week. Can someone that's done it post a list of stuff to buy prior to tearing it apart? So far after reading the ATSG manual it sounds like I'll need transgel, lubeguard spray, an H-gage.....and it says all new seals and gaskets for pretty much everything. I know some of them don't have to be replaced (unless I mess them up). Which ones will I actually need that don't come with the kit? What other tools, etc. do I need for this project? Thanks! (posting in a few threads in hopes of getting a reply)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts