Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm sure there are a thousand threads on here with this subject but I have had a hard time locating any. My question is what are the upsides to each of these shift kits. I've had many a gas gm truck but this is my first dura. It's an 01 CC/Sb, bullydog power pup programmer aside from that stock drivetrain. The truck has 155k on it and tows regularly. What would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
The Transgo Kit was designed for the 5 speed transmission and the Transgo Jr. was designed for the 6 speed version of the A-1000. Short and sweet difference is that the 6 speed version from Allison made similar modifications internally that the Transgo kit does for the 5 speed. They could not make the valve modifications as Transgo has them patten pending. So the valves are what you need in the 6 speed to get it to the same level the Transgo kit made the 5 speeds into.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
from a labor stad point on yours the trans needs to come out to have it properly installed. the trans go jr kit is only valvebody mods. and for what its worth, if you are going to do it (trans go kit) maybe look into a fresh rebuild being that it has a bunch of miles and power, and tows alot. try checking out the suncoast website listed here in our vendor section.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input, but I think this truck is going down the road, as well as my supercharged 6.0. I fell in love with a new LMM this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts