Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering why their still is defueling or delaying with this set up, and why more defueling with the edge hj than the va, i had read that with the upgrade, their should be hard clean shifts, i am leaning a bit towards the transgo shift kit being the culprit, but still not positive, if i run the power pup programer buy itself(which has no tranny slipage protection) i still have a week long
shift between gears, pushing me towards the shift kit idea, if some one else has a idea towards how to fix the problem, feel free, as to everything else the tranny upgrade is fine

·
Registered
611 Posts
how long have you had the kit?

My allison took a month to learn, but it shifts great now

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Fred, I dont have a transgo or suncoast upgrade, but you are always going to have some defueling unless you get a special programmed box or tuner that has zero defuel between shifts. I know the VA does because I have one, which I have the bigger version.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
THE HOT OJ/ATTITUDE HAS AN OPTION TO NOT DE-FUEL BETWEEN SHIFTS AND IM STILL HAVING DE-FUEL BETWEEN THEM WHAT IT SUPPOSED TO BE TURNED OFF
ANYONE ELSE SEEING THIS?

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
PEANUTGRWR said:
THE HOT OJ/ATTITUDE HAS AN OPTION TO NOT DE-FUEL BETWEEN SHIFTS AND IM STILL HAVING DE-FUEL BETWEEN THEM WHAT IT SUPPOSED TO BE TURNED OFF
ANYONE ELSE SEEING THIS?

Yep! Same thing here. I just thought it was because of my stock tranny. Seems worse on the higher performance levels. But maybe thats just because theres more fuel being dumped in at the higher levels and it feels worse when it defuels. At any rate the no defuel option doesn't seem to work for me.

·
Registered
429 Posts
fredw, PEANUTGRWR,

Did you have the Allison flashed with a Tech2 (quck relearn) or use a manual relearn procedure after the install? I'm having a Suncoast stage 3 put in in two weeks and was hoping it would cure that nasty defuel. I, like Trippin thought that the defueling, even with the Attitude set to no defuel, was because of the stock Allison.

Josh

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
There is a problem with relearn on the Ally using the Tech11 and Tech1 which i use. Vetronix has not figured it out yet. I spent the last couple of days with Steve Cole playing with this relearn stuff. We learned a lot on how to actually use the Tech11 and Tech1 on the relearn. It don't work like they told you.

mike

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I DONE THE MANUAL RE-LEARN PROCESS.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Mine doesn't shift well either.. I experience long hesitations between shifts... On another note, sometimes it shifts like you're speedshifting a stickshift.. The truck revs between shifts and the hits the gear really hard... Something's not right.. My attitude says under normal around town driving I'm experiencing as much as 60% tranny slip.. I've just never made it back to suncoast for Joe to look at it (seven and a half hour trip).. He said he'll make it right, I just have to find the time..

·
Registered
429 Posts
Where's Sdaver at? How does yours shift with the Stage 5 and all the power you're putin' to it?

Josh

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
IS ANYONE SEEING SLIP WHEN THEY HIT THE MPH LIMITER??? WHEN I HIT THE THE LIMIT MY ATTITUDE SHOWS SLIP AND ITS ERRATIC AS TO THE AMOUNT IT SHOWS
JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE WAS SEEING THIS?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'm seeing 0% pnut, with or without the nos.

Shifts are nice and crisp and quick. If i've been plowin snow for a couple of days, then its a little quirky for a day, then things settle down and i add the 145 to the 215. I've finally had 2 consecutive days where i didn't have the plow or a load on the truck and she was runnin awesome today with the cool crisp air. Can't keep rubber on the rear, though.
Stage 5, i have no complaints, and i think it seems better than stage 4, either way the truck rocks.Edited by: heartbeatcanada

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I FEEL LIKE THIS IS JUST A GLITCH OR FALSE ALARM WITH MINE. CAN SAY I DONT KNOW FOR SURE THOUGH. IT HAS DONE THIS SINCE THE FIRST TIME I PUT THE ATTITUDE AND HOT OJ ON------EVEN BEFORE I BEEFED UP THE TRANNY

·
Registered
611 Posts
Morse said:
My attitude says under normal around town driving I'm experiencing as much as 60% tranny slip..

I think the Attitude only show Torque Converter slip, NOT Tranny clutch slip.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so i see i am not the only one now exsperienceing this, penut, how do you do the manaul relearn for the tranny, i wll try that, it also seams that 4 and 5ht are beter than 2 and 3 rd for delay

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Seems you guys are looking for the Edge Attitude to defuel no matter what you "add" .... I don't believe it will happen ...

When I run the "Hottest" Edge program ,no defuel torque converter locked (in Tow Haul ),my A B solenoids rapid fire and I'm in over drive banging the rev limiter faster then ever before ....

Works as advertised,No Defuel ....

Mac

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
MAC, THAT COULD BE ONE OF THE BENEFITS OF BEING EDGE'S "BOY"
TRUST ME MINE DEFUELS NO MATTER IF THE QUAD 215 IS STACKED OR NOT. DOESNT MATTER WHERE YOU HAVE THE ATTITUDE SET AS FAR AS TRANNY SET-UP. IT DEFUELS!!!

FREDW I MAY NOT BE RIGHT BUT I THINK THAT THE MANUAL MODE IS BASICALLY YOU DRIVING THE TRUCK AND IT SLOWLY LEARNING HOW TO SHIFT WITH THE UPGRADES AND THE EXTRA POWER. IM SURE SOMEONE ELSE CAN TELL YOU MORE ABOUT IT.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Mine does not defuel

On edit: I do remember that in first couple of weeks of my upgrade, it did "hesitate" on the 4-5 shift. Mike L told me to give it time and sure enough it went away. Edited by: DIESEL 5

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Mine shifts nice and quick with the HJAT and Quad 215 stacked. I can run just the Quad 215 and I think it may shift just a touch quicker, but it could just be placebo effect.

Remember, since there are no sprags or bands the Ally must defuel "some" to shift. It does not matter if it stock or modified it will always defuel. Modules with a shorter defuel window help but the tranny needs time to adjust as well.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
why does it need to defuel?so adequate time is allowed for desirred pressure to be obtained so that pressure can help elimimate slipping?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.