Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is stock as far as the computer is concerned and I pull a 12K fiver. My question is, would I benefit from adding a TransGo kit? I'm getting ready to change over to TransSynd, and if there is a benefit from the TransGo kit, I would like to add it now.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I would think there would be, there was a guy a while back that did a test kind of. He bought a brand new truck and towed for a couple thousand miles with it, pulled the trans out and was dissapointed that he found slight discoloration on one clutch pack. I believe he put a trans-go kit in then and a reworked converter. It should increase your tranny life and create better shifts overall, especially when towing.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Hey, Dave. I don't know much, so....... Any tow vehicle will have transmission problems, over time. I would think the kit would certainly delay this much longer. By the time I'm done with my truck, I expect to have had transmission problems. I tow, and it will be high milage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information guys. Is this something that is a pretty straight forward install? Maybe a good weekend project for the to take on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts