Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with a rep. From trango today. He told me that there was no single programmer out there that would hurt the transmission with the kit. I have read that with the kit people are saying the allison is good to 400 rwhp. Is this number good or is it conservative?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'm hearing of some people running well over 400hp with a stock tranny with no problems. It will probably catch up to them sooner or later, but with the transgo jr. I think you are safe to daily drive with a 85hp tune and an occasional 100 plus. As far as there being no single programer that can hurt the tranny with a transgo jr., I think PPE has one that can instantly kill it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
After putting a Transgo in my wreck and running with the Evo, I'd guess that it's all in how you beat on it and how long you expect the tranny to live. I run my Evo on #1 80% of the time and every once and awhile lean on it with the #3. I have this thing with power, and I'm damn tempted to do the whole full meal deal with the tranny and put big power to it. Otherwize I'm going with what feels right and I think you gotta be careful with this one. Remember, start beating on it like it's a race car and you'll be calling Suncoast.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Reps say anything to sell a product. I run my PPE at 160HP and can tell the tranny is not pleased. Installing the 350HP program would trash it within minutes of hot rodding it.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I've seen what a "little something" will do to a stock trans already on a few 06's... damn those PPE tuners..

Your gonna have to scale back Dan...hehe

·
Vendor
3,579 Posts
Maybe two years ago.:D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Three 3-letter tuners come to mind.

TTS
PPE
EFI(Live)

Ben

P.S. He's full of it, because I've limped on 400 horse. It's "interesting" to limp at really high speeds to say the least.

·
Registered
762 Posts
"interesting" LOL

Yeah I bet :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What levels would be safe? could i run the 100hp daily or would it be best to stick with the 60hp?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Short answer is that it would be best to stick with the 60 hp.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I limped my tranny for the first time today...in 5th, lane opened up and i started to get on it when a mercedes pulled in front of me and took off. I rolled in the power in 5th (I know...I wasn't thinking) and never got in it enough to downshift because I woulda rearended the little german car. Then 5th goes away and it was like I was in neutral. CEL came on and I pulled over and checked my codes. po700 and po735. Cleared them and all is good but now I'm wondering what I need to do...don't want to start limping when I'm pulling my trailer. BTW, I was on level 3/5 with the attitude. When I'm fully loaded towing I'm @ 26Klbs CGWR and I tow on 2/2. Never had a problem before today...what do you think?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I limped my 03 twice right after I installed the 6-gun. I learned quick not to go into 5th gear in the highest 2 settings. I never limped it again by being careful and my tranny was fine for 60,000 more miles when I traded, It seemed as good as it was new. Just watch going into 5th gear on a high setting and your tranny will still last a long time, limping your tranny once or twice isnt instant death but you need to be carefull from now on.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Transgo wont save a stock converter and i dont think a stocker will live behind 500 to the rear wheels reliably ;) A single tuner will get you in that range.

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
ratlover;1596959; said:
Transgo wont save a stock converter and i dont think a stocker will live behind 500 to the rear wheels reliably ;) A single tuner will get you in that range.
A stock converter is suspect after 400rwhp.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Mike, I've never seen an answer to this question. If you upgrade to a suncoast stage IV or V tranny, can you then pull heavy in higher level settings from a programmer? Specifically, if I'm towing ~26K lbs CGWR, if I got a suncoast stage V, can I tow in levels above 2 on the edge? Level 3, 4, or even 5? I know EGT's will start to become a problem but will the tranny take it?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
So how long of a warranty was he willing to offer? I wonder if it can handle the best a Predator/Hypertech/Superchips can put out? We know there is a big difference between what you get for 3-400 and what you get for 600+ in handhelds.
ac

1 - 20 of 21 Posts