Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the transgo void the factory warranty. has anyone done this shift kit and still had tranny problems. I'm running the edge and attitude mild towing not racing , should I even worry about the kit. Just planning on keeping the truck as long as possible.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
I don't see how a tech at the dealer would know unless it's Eric. They could tell by the aftermarket converter for sure. The main failures on these Allys has been converter. I would install the kit with a converter and not look back.

mike

·
Registered
706 Posts
Burkm,

I second Mike's thoughts. The key to your question was the fact that you want to keep this truck for a long time. Over time the Juice will wear that Ally out, by over time I mean 40K miles, depending on how you drive. The common wisdom is that the 90hp juice is as far as you can go and not cause significant wear to the tranny.

If you truely intend on keeping it for a while, save up and invest in the Transgo and Convertor, it's the best value in tranny upgrades.

Then at least you can enjoy that HJ without guilt.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Any recommendations as to where to have this done in AZ?

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
burkm

I don't have any recomendations in your area. Knowing what i know now, the trans shop that does this must look at C3 and check alignment of piston squirt hole and spring plate and steel plate alignment. We can not assume that they are correct from the factory.(ala PEANUTGROWER's Ally) You only want to do this once, it's a lot of money but well worth it.

mike

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Once you open the Allison case your on your own as far as warranty goes,as it should be , as you wouldn't want them reversing anything .... The dealer will not trouble shoot your Allison unless you ask them to ,so they wont know a thing as it will shift and act close to normal as the novice can tell....

The only possible thing that might be felt is the lock up of a triple lock that might feel stronger then stock ,but only the best might and the ones that work on these Allisons daily would prolly detect ....Most wouldn't even pay attention and defaults back to no complaint no fix'ie ....

But burkm the way you sound like your driving you have plenty of time to think it thru .... Lucky for you a fix is available,when us other hardcore nuts were putting the boots to our tranny ,we had no fix with no ETA of one either ....

Mac

Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Transgo......warranty go.

·
Registered
263 Posts
aztjc said:
Any recommendations as to where to have this done in AZ?
Check with Hughes Perfomance. They do the kit install's and are working on a converter. I went to see Randal at Hughes Performance yesterday, and they are about a week away from having a converter worked out. The are a well know builder of transmission's and converter's. Are located in Phoenix, just east of I-17 on the North side of McDowell Rd. Also have a location in Tucson. WEB SITEEdited by: easymon4u

1 - 8 of 8 Posts