Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you that have the B&W turnover ball setup for towing goose necks, how many of you have a transferflow mid ship fuel tank to replace the OEM one? Just wondering if that tanks fits with the B&W installed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes it does. I worried about the Turnover Ball center section interfering with the rollover valve assembly in the top of the fuel tank. It has plenty of clearance. If you haven't put either of them in, I would suggest putting the Turnover Ball in first. There is one bolt that's a little hard to get to if the tank is already installed.

This has turned out to be a great combination for me! Good Luck!

--Mark

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the turnover already installed. Great device. So how is your clearence from ground to tank? ANy problems? I have the short bed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a short bed as well. I haven't had any problems at all with ground clearance. The tank does hang down below the frame but not any lower than the crossmember towards the front of the truck. Mine is two wheel drive and I use it mostly for commuting and pulling my 5er. Be sure and get the larger filler neck so you can use the truck lanes at truck stops.

A buddy of mine and I installed it in about 3 hours. Use a motorcycle lift or floor jack to lower the old tank and lift the new one in position. Pretty painless install.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

--Mark

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3 hours uh...Mine is 4X4. I see that B&W have a 5th adapter for the turnover ball hole as it were. Is that what you use? How do you like it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, I use B&W's Companion 5th Wheel hitch. I've used it for about 4 months and really like it so far. My 5er is about 12K and I haven't noticed any clunking or banging.

The hardest part about installing the tank is just lifting it into place. We used a motorcycle lift and that made it a piece of cake! I have a full garage of tools (my brother is a SnapOn dealer) and I would consider myself an above average mechanic. I would consider the buddy who helped me professional grade! He worked for a high-dollar hot rod shop working on Ferarri's and Lambo's for several years. Regardless of our mechanical ability, the Transferflow instructions and diagrams are top notch. Just don't run out of beer like we did!

--Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had teh B&W with the Companion fiver hitch in my past 2 trucks and love it! It can rock a bit if everything is not tight. They have a fix coming out soon for that, but the convinience and utility is great!

I am looking into a larger tank as well and just got an answer that the Supertank also fits with the hitch. I am llooking at both tanks but I think the Supertank is larger than Transfer Flow.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I understand about the supertank is that you have to remove the fuel cooler and use their ribbed tube to cool the fuel instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts