Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has done an install of a transferflow midship replacement tank on a SB 2500HD? I have been looking at the supertanks and the transferflow tanks ... I would love to have the 62 gallons the supertanks offers but Im not real crazy about cutting out my fuel cooler. However, I havent been able to really find any good information on installation of the transferflow tanks .... do you have to cut anything? Is the installation pretty straight-forward? I have a local dealer for transferflow who can get me the tank but they want $430 to install it ..... I think it would be worth getting my hands a little dirty for that kind of money. So, if anyone has installed one of these please chime in here and let me know what is involved. Thanks

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
fuel cooler is in place with transfer flow, but its pretty much covered by the tank, so its not doing much. If you were industrious, you could remount the cooler to a different location. Install of the transfer flow is pretty straightforward. Cant comment on the other. Helps to have a helper either way

·
Registered
408 Posts
I Install The Tranferflow 45 gal. Mid Ship, Very Easy, Did It My Self In About 4 hrs. No Cutting Needed, As Far As The Cooler Have Not Had Any Trouble. The Best Advice Leave About 3/4 Of Fuel In Tank, Do Not Run It Down Before You Change Your Tank. 3/4 is 1/8 or less in the 45 gal tank, just made it to the gas station to fill up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts