Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my fast-fill kit this week. The installation only took 1 1/2 hrs. The hardest part was getting to the hose clamp on the tank. You have to work one handed and by feel only. Other than that it was simple to install. The parts in the picture on the web site are very misleading, you are thinking to yourself, where do all those go. Well you only get a new filler opening and a short adapter for the vent to go inline with the existing fill hose. Plus a short piece of hose for the vent. It seems over priced for the little bit of hardware you get, but it does allow you to use any pump that is available.

Just got back from the first fillup at a truck stop. Filled up along with the big rigs, instead of the cars. I set the pump on the second (medium) notch, it shut off fine, rounded off the pump and went away pleased.

I recommend this kit, it works, and eliminates driving around trying to find the right pump. Why do most stations and truck stops hide the small diesel pump?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Did the pump click off at all before you were topped off?

I noticed that if the angle of the nozzel is not right it clicks off alot.

You are correct......the pics online are not what you are getting when buy the kit.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trippin, didn't leave the motor running, what difference would that make?

NoWake, I don't think that you could get the tank really topped off without spilling fuel over the side. The vent pipe doesn't look like it is at the very top of the tank so the last amount of fuel would have to vent up the filler pipe, causing a bubble and spillage. So I didn't bother trying to get the last drop in. It only clicked off once and then I rounded off the amount. This was my first fill-up and the nozzle was straight in, no angle. The gallons agreed very close to the DIC display and the mileage was also the same to the 1/10th.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I may be mistaken but I thought there was a discussion about the vent line being run back to the fill line and it not venting properly when the engine was running. Just curious if you experienced the same.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Running the engine while filling....So far I had my engine running durning the fill up. The vent it just a small line that is at the top of the tank with a angle cut in it. It is not connected to anything inside the tank, it just slides right in. But then again who the hell knows with these new computer trucks we have.

I'll try it with the engine off next time.....did you hear this from TransferFlow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts