Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juat left stealer $600.00 lighter for hub change.(way too cold & snowy to do it in driveway right now) While there was talking with tech and he said that the transfer case holes on the top that I have JB welded until I see Eric are due to chain wear and not pump rub. any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
He is full of crap, it is the pump housing trying to eat it's way out of the case, and that is the thinnest part so it came through first.

The chain has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
tolli i think he said the holes were on top of the t-case its very possible the chain is slapping the case and making it leak.?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tech said same thing that banshee said !

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
If the chain was that loose, you would have more problems as well. So I would want to get it repaired. I was thinking the JB weld everyone does when the pump housing rubs through. My bad

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the weld about a year ago(30,000 mile), The hole is @ about 1 or 2 Oclock looking from the back.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
If the chain is rubbing through the case, that is ALOT of slop in the chain. There are no chain tensioners inside of the transfer case, so I am curious *** all get out as to what the cause is. I will be searching around the forum to find out if there is something about this, but in the meantime, can someone chime in and explain this to me?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not sure, I always thought it was pump rub until talking with tech. He said they don`t repair them, they just instal a reman. unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts