Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what transfer cases are offered in the HD trucks, specifically with the Duramax combination? I know there is a different case for floor shifted models vs. push button but I want to know the specific model numbers. Also is the push button Autotrac or are they two different things?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't know the numbers of the transfers. I do know that with the HD models you do not have Autotrac with the push button.(that is what I have) That stops with the 6.0 gaser and the 80-E trans. The Autotrac does not come with the allison or ZR trans. Not heavy duty enough.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
y2kboti said:
Does anyone know what transfer cases are offered in the HD trucks, specifically with the Duramax combination? I know there is a different case for floor shifted models vs. push button but I want to know the specific model numbers. Also is the push button Autotrac or are they two different things?
Everything you wanted to know and then some...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Too bad the Autotrac isn't offered in a heavier version on the HD's. I've had it in two Tahoes and a half ton Silverado. Works great for limited snow and ice conditions without full lockup of the driveline, resulting in additional driveline and tire wear. It's especially good when conditions vary in country driving where snow may blow across open fields, there is ice on country corners or completely dry pavement in places because of woods and windrows that protect the roadway.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate it guys, that’s exactly what I needed. I didn’t think Auto Trac was available in the heaver trucks but I read a website the other day that said differently. The reason I wanted to know which transfer cases were being used is because I wanted to make sure one wasn’t weaker than the other. Here are the specs on New Venture’s website, scroll to the bottom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts