Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At just under 800 miles my transfer case seal is leaking where the driveshaft slips in. Not dripping yet, but you can see the splatter on the sheet metal right above it and the boot is wet. There is a slight grinding noise in 4WD high when there is slight resistance on the drivetrain from either letting off the throttle or just trying to maintain speed. Could there be an even bigger issue than just a defective seal? I only had it in 4WD for maybe 2-3 miles out of the truck's life so far. Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Still wouldn't hurt to get it checked out at the dealership if under warranty. Especially this time of year! Good luck!

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
If it is new, I would make sure the T-case has the correct fluid level in it!

They have been known to not service it right!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The splatter is no where near the amount like pictured in the link, but there are noticeable splatter marks on the molded in cross-member right above the seal area. I guess the truck is going to have to see the dealer already. Even though the truck is under warranty I still do not like to let someone else work on my vehicle, especially knowing how much the dealership mechanics love warranty work...:rolleyes: Oh well, maybe I can watch them work on the truck instead of sitting in a waiting room that is no where near where you can see your vehicle in the shop. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts