Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the transfer case plugs, mine look like they had teflon tape or something like it on the plug ends. I just wanted to check with you guys before i put them back in that you do not need anything on them. Thanks

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
On the transfer case plugs, mine look like they had teflon tape or something like it on the plug ends. I just wanted to check with you guys before i put them back in that you do not need anything on them. Thanks
I use pipe dope, the white stuff in a bottle with a brush. But yes, the plugs need a selant. Also be a bit careful with them, they are aluminum.

Jim

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
If it is an NPT then yes. Use either teflon tape or a pipe dope that contains teflon.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Teflon pipe dope, but clean the threads with wd40 and a brush to get the hardend sealer off first.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank guy's. I did put telfon pipe dope on after reading what you guys said, but i didnt really brush the old stuff off i hope that dosnt make a big different. Also i didnt know how tight to make them so i did it tell they felt some what tight. O yea i got alittle under 2 quarts of amsoil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts