Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my truck in for the low RPM surge and they said they reprogramed the transfer case module.What does that have to do with the surge.I have not towed with it to see if it helped,can someone explain?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
42 views and no ideas .I think the dealer must be blowing smoke..again. Will be towing next weekend and will most likely end up at the dealer with the same problem.Also been waiting on a stering shaft now for over three weeks,maybe it will be here when I get back:lol: .

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
never heard of it personally

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I was afraid of,if you guys can't figure it out I'am lost.Thanks...

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Well, unless they are confusing TCM (Transmission Control Module). Could possibly be an upgrade reflash that they put in with the Tech II. They're confused at least and clueless at most, but a reflash is usually a good thing and if they got it in you're ahead of the game.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
this is true.. maybe they made up their own acronym for TCM.. lol

I was pretty sure the update for the low speed surge was all PCM, but maybe it does change some things on the TCM. I've not heard of that before, but its always possible.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Tcm

I spoke with my service manager about the same issue and he also said there was a TCM and an ECM update. Not sure what each is, and I have not been in to get the updates as of yet. Once I do, I will let you know what the changes were.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't know if this means anything but on the paper work it says reprogram transfer case module K4121.7 and pip3328C.May be just a labor code they use to descripe the work done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts