Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the way from Minnesota fluid started leaking out of driver side rear axle on way to pick up new Z06 in Bowling Green. Local GMC dealer in Bowling Green had a seal and replaced the seal that same morning. Could not believe my good luck. Friday, the same day pick up new car and head towards Dallas. Around midnight in Memphis RPMs go to idle and truck will not move. Pull off of road let it sit for a little while and it does move, but almost like it just had a stall converter put in. Pull into a gas station call for help on Onstar. They tried to find someone that would tow truck and trailer, but said they would only pay for truck, trailer was my responsibility. Guy driving by with big flat bed stops and says he can tow the whole works to the local GMC dealer. We work out a deal and Onstar says they will reimbrse me. Went back Saturday to the GMC dealer and talk to the the guys there. They say they will try to look at it Monday. I get my stuff out of truck and take off driving the car towards Dallas. Car gets home I fly back to Minnesota. GMC dealer calls to say no trouble with Transmission, but there is a broken gear in the transfer case and eveything but case is replaced. I also ask them to look at the driver side rear seal again because it looked like it was leaking again. GMC dealer calls back to say the axle on the driver side is broke in two. After everything is fixed I fly down and get truck. GMC dealer in Memphis was great. I get about 30 miles from home and notice passenger side rear seal looks like it is leaking. Truck in now back in shop, but I think I will wait a few days to see what happens before taking it back to a GMC dealer.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What are the specs of your truck? Broken t-case gear, broken axle......you're either giving it hell, or someone wrecked that thing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you keep blowing rear seals, look for an obstruction in, or on the end of the vent tube.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Cant help ya much with the truck... but I'm itchin to know...

Hows the new vette? Did ya get the museum delivery option?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts