Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 GMC and i just put an edge w/ att. in it. I was wondering can i put a bully dog shift enhancer in the trans and how much would it help? What are the other options?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Do a search it is found that the bully dog is a waste of money. It will help for the first 50 miles and the tranny will adapt and it will be of no use at all. Your best bet is to save for a suncoast 3 or keep the power levels lower than level 5

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
:exactly: that bullydog kit is a waste of time and money

Do a search it is found that the bully dog is a waste of money. It will help for the first 50 miles and the tranny will adapt and it will be of no use at all. Your best bet is to save for a suncoast 3 or keep the power levels lower than level 5

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
There is no cheap answer to making the trans hold the E/J on levels above 3 or any other programmer/module with equivalent power.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
not going against anyone else, but I ran my lly on 5 everywhere. no defuel and set on most responsive. Didn't have a lick of problems.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I got rid of it with 13,000 miles and still running strong, I just couldn't stand the big azz payments and crappy fuel mileage with my lly

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
My tranny is going and I have about 40K miles of running Edge on Level 3 and 4. This was after running stock tuning for the first 40K.

Anything more than about 75 extra horses will slowly kill your trans. Anything after 90hp will do it that more quickly.

I think runny 125 tunes you are not even putting that power to the ground.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
today i was on the highyway and i went to pass someone and i couldn't get it above 2500 rpm's. I've had the edge installed for 4 days now. I've mostly ran it on level 3 but put it on 5 a time or to just to see what it would do. What should i do to get my rpm's back?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Go back to level 3 and don't put it on 5 unless you have 4K for a trans saved up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i had my truck read for any codes that may have gone off and it said something about not enough line pressure. Does anyone know what this means?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts