Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the trans warranty on an Alli? It was my understanding that when I bought my 2001 new in Dec. of 2000 that the engine and trans both had a 100,000 mile warranty.

Now, too many chips & programmers later, the dealer says motor 100k, trans 3/36. If it had a 100k I would get GM to warranty it and keep it when I get my ATS, otherwise I'll probably just let it go in for core.

Edited by: Diesels Forever

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm pretty sure the allison is only 3/36. Dmax itself is 100K. Doesn't make sense to me either.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Ditto on the 3/36 for the Alli, one reason why I purchased the GM ext. warranty to cover everything till 100K.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
My 02' came with 5yr/100,000 on engine AND transmission.

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Z71
644 Posts
From the manual:

This warranty is for GM vehicles registered in the United States and normally operated in the United States or Canada, and is provided to the original and any subsequent owners of the vehicle during the warranty period.

Bumper-to-Bumper Coverage

The complete vehicle is covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first, except for other coverages listed here under "What Is Covered" and those items listed under "What Is Not Covered" on pages 10, 11 and 12.

6.5L Diesel Engine and 6.6L Duramax Diesel Engine Coverage

The diesel engines (except those items listed under ‘‘What Is Not Covered’’ on pages 10, 11 and 12) are covered for 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. A $100 deductible per repair visit may apply after the vehicle has been in use for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. For additional information, refer to ‘‘Things You Should Know About the New Vehicle Limited Warranty’’ on page 13. Also refer to the appropriate emission control system warranty for possible additional coverages.

6.5L Diesel Engine and 6.6L Duramax

Diesel Engine Components

The complete engine assembly, including turbocharger components, is covered for efects in material or workmanship for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. No deductible applies during this coverage period. The engine parts listed below continue to be covered (subject to a $100 deductible) for 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

-Cylinder block and heads and all internal parts, intake and exhaust manifolds, timing gears, timing gear chain or belt and cover, flywheel, harmonic balancer, valve covers, oil pan, oil pump, water pump, fuel pump, engine mounts, seals and gaskets.

-Diesel Fuel Metering System: injection pump, nozzles, high pressure lines and high pressure sealing devices.

-Glow Plug Control System: control/glow plug assembly, glow plugs, cold advance relay, and ECM.

NOTE: Some of the above components may also be covered by the Emission Warranty with no deductible (see pages 19 through 29 for details).

Edited by: 2K2AD

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yikes, sounds like the turbo is covered only 3/36. And here I would have thought that it was part of the engine!

·
Registered
994 Posts
If you read on page 20, the Fed Emission Warranty for our trucks is 5yr/100k. On page 25, under Air Management System, the "Turbo Charger Assemly" is listed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I walked out on a deal half way through signing papers on an 03 GMC when I found out the salesman had lied to me. I had signed about 1/3 of the paper work and they started talking about the extended warranty. Long and short of it the salesman told me 100K and it was 3/36. He did not get my business nor did GM this time. I do really like the trucks though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts