Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since new my transmission will make the whole truck shudder downshifting from seecond to first. It's as if the the band or clutch (or what ever is responsible for 1st gear ratio) is rapidly engaging and disengaging. This will occur for about three seconds at speeds decelerating from about 5mph. I think this only happen whens the truck is costing down. In other words, if I'm stepping on the brake pedal, this won't happen.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I doubt you have any clutch issues.Also there are no bands in a Allison just clutch packs and gear sets.

Since you are well with in your warranty period it would be best to take into your service department and have them trouble shoot.Most likely it is a bad solenoid or something electronic is sticking.

Any SES codes?

·
Registered
320 Posts
SLT, I have a similar problem. I think my problem is just in first gear. The Truck will shudder accelerating and decelerating at around 5mph or so. Not sure if it’s the tranny or the drivetrain. It will shudder continuously if I maintain this slow speed (almost to a stop). There are no other noticeable vibrations/shudders at other speeds. Anyone else have input/ideas??

·
Registered
892 Posts
The transmission isn't doing anything at 5 MPH so I doubt that's the cause. Also, if it's shuddering continuously it's probably the driveline. Make sure your joints are not binding up and the slip yoke is greased.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well I took the Truck to the Dealer yesterday and had them take a look at my shudder problem. They replaced the Front U-Joint (B/T Tranny - Driveline). It was binding, the joint was so bad they had to cut it off!! Gotta love warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts