Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Look up Diesel Addiction in NC. Any well known trans shop in your area could put a shift kit in. Its really not that hard.

·
Registered
309 Posts
could any well known trans shop install a PPE stage 5 or Dmax store stage 5 kit in without any problem?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
could any well known trans shop install a PPE stage 5 or Dmax store stage 5 kit in without any problem?
If they do it right, yes.

Problem with a shop that doesn't specialize in performance allison builds is if the clutch clearance doesn't come out right then they don't have the extra parts laying around to swap out clutches/pistons/plates to get the clearances right. Depending on what your end goal is I would go to some one that knows what they are doing.

I know Dustin at Diesel Addiction is one that knows what he's doing, he's about 5 hours from the Norfolk area if you take hwy 17 (nice easy drive too)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would take it to Dustin at Diesel Addiction. He's working on my truck now and really knows what he is doing.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Dustin at Diesel Addiction is finishing mine up today. I'll be picking it up tonight. I had him do the Gmax5 kit with ML Precision converter, transfer case brace and pump rub fix. Can't wait to get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts