Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost ready to start the build. I would like to start with the transgo jr. (I think from reading) and then get a programmer and guages. I have stuck and blocked her and put in 4" exhaust from turbo back. I just don't feel confident in working on my transmission. Also, in warm weather, I pull my 8000lb trailer often. Thanks for the great forum and any help would be wonderful!

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Talk to Tony Buckhart......Crank it up also isnt far but they are ATS

A Jr Kit is pretty easy and we can walk you through it or if you wanted to drive to central IL I could lend you a hand.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I also forgot Fleece performance is around there....

and never mind I thought Tony was in indiana for some reason.

Tazman knows about allisons and he is over in your neck of the woods. PM him.....maybe if you bribe him with beer he will help you do an install ):h

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Definitely give Brayden a chance to work on your truck! He'll take care of you. That's where I'd go if I ever get to do a tranny.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Another vote for Brayden here - he knows his sh!t. :rocking:

·
Registered
550 Posts
another vote for Brayden!! he just did an EFI tune for me and the truck kicks ***!!!

I'll be seeing him for the trans build when I get the money :cool:

his customer service is awesome! :ro)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for everyone who has helped. Sounds like I will be seeing Brayden. On a side note, How does the EFI do with the Allison? Does it eventually shift normal, or is that out with any program?

·
Registered
550 Posts
CUTFD252;1620098; said:
Thank you for everyone who has helped. Sounds like I will be seeing Brayden. On a side note, How does the EFI do with the Allison? Does it eventually shift normal, or is that out with any program?

the shifting does seem a little quirky at times, but that's only at full throttle. every day driving is normal for the most part. I think part of it is me since I'm use to a motor that revs high so I might be letting out of the throttle right when it wants to shift (since shifts are at lower rpms).

he did mine about a week or 2 ago and everything is doing great so far and the truck runs like a raped ape :D

it probably took a couple days of different types of driving to get the Allison to learn, but it wasn't long and it's good to go for the most part now. I'm happy with what I have so I just have to get the trans built so I can play a little harder :cool:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
05Smoker;1613634; said:
Another vote for Brayden here - he knows his sh!t. :rocking:

And he's a supporting vendor at DP!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts