Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trans seems to be weeping fluid from multiple areas. Not pictured below is similar fluid markings around the bellhousing/engine junction . I don't notice any fluid on my driveway, nor any appreciable fluid loss at the dip stick.

Is this just seals deciding to weep when under heavy load?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^^^

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Couldn't guess as to what's leaking at the front and coming out the inspection plate.

The PTO cover is easy to fix however. Take out the 6 bolts and replace the gasket. I bought an extra gasket (~$5 from Allison) when mine was leaking... can get the part number tonight if you want.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
mine is starting the same thing...is it anything to worry about

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got to poking around tonight and noticed the popular leaking trans line near the cooler, what appears to be a crack in the block near the rear of the oil pan with oil leak, and a steering box that is puking steering fluid at a nasty rate.

Lovely. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 03 had the tranny fluid leakin from the inspection cover. I was told that the two bolts on the bottom of the bellhousing needed to have copper washers put on them. I pulled the tranny out last week, put the little 50 cent washers on, put new gaskets and seals in the pump, and put her back in. So far so good, no more leaks. I think all in all with fluid and parts it cost me $150 compared to what the tranny shops $800.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have the truck in yesterday. Stealership told me the weeping you see above is normal. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
i think we should all gripe and get something done

1 - 9 of 9 Posts