Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn.... taking my corn and stuff to my hunting land and this motorcycle gets in front of me and almost stops. I hear a clunk and service brake system shows up, and CEL. I stop the struck and check the codes P500 and 700. Wont get out of first gear now. AAA is on the way but am I looking for a new tranny?? I cleared the codes with a CTS but its still show up. I was only going about 10 mph when it happened and wasnt hammering down on it. Truck has 221k miles on it, duramax tuner trans safe tunes

·
Administrator
15,711 Posts
Thread relocated over to "Allison OEM" for appropriate answers to your issue

:thumb:

·
Registered
648 Posts
you need a code reader that will read the trans codes, p0700 is a generic code "tcm requests mil" iirc

·
Registered
2,512 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the speed sensor on the transfer case, drove it down the road and was able to get out of 1st gear. Service brake system light went away, and I cleared the CEL and everything is working fine. Hopefully it will stay that way

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
thanks for following up. hopefully that solved your problem.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for following up. hopefully that solved your problem.
No problem at all, I'm just glad it worked so I didn't have to spend money on a trans or transfer case :facepalm: Its got 220k miles on it, so it's probably due, just don't need it right now haha

·
Registered
648 Posts
awesome, glad to hear

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome, glad to hear
Thanks, I was sweating bullets thinking I was gonna have to plunk down 6k for a trans. I did find some other things I need to get (I've got about 4k to spend on her). Looking at intermediate steering shaft replacement (damn noise is killing me), wheels and tires (possibly 305/70r18) and zone lift (turned down to 4 inch lift) or just a level and replace all the shocks. Or I just leave it the way it is (although the stock tires are killing me ):facepalm:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts