Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Tran-Go Shift Kit Company is selling one of the trucks they did some of the testing on. The GM for Trans-Go asked me to post the info for anyone interested in purchasing this truck. All of the info on the vehicle is listed below.

2001 GMC 2500 HD
SIERRA SLE DURAMAX DIESEL
CLEAN, STANDARD CAB, REGULAR BED
BOOST GAUGE, PYROMETER (EXHAUST TEMP. GAUGE, 120 H.P. SWITCHABLE CHIP
HI-FLOW EXHAUST,
AUTOMATIC
AM-FM-CD
A/C
DUAL AIR BAGS
BENCH SEAT W/FOLD DOWN ARMREST/GLOVE COMPARTMENT
TRAILER HITCH
NEW TIRES
WHITE BODY W/ GRAY/BLACK INTERIOR
22,500 MILES
$24,950

Contact the General Mgr. [email protected]<

·
Registered
909 Posts
Looks like a good deal since it's suppose to have a fresh engine too.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
22,500 miles and a new engine?

·
Registered
909 Posts
IIRC, Last time it was posted for sale, they said it had new engine. Not your average, run of the mill, Dmax.

In hindsight I see they mention "one of the" and not "the" Trans-go truck(s).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the one and only Trans-Go DMax truck. The other one that is being referred to was a customer’s truck. The Trans-Go DMax has the org. motor. Still runs strong!

This truck is the one that is in the Dec issue of Chevy Trucks magazine. It is also equipped with the full Trans-Go tranny kit and high performance torque converter.

Edited by: SSmokybear

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
There is only one Transgo truck, and it did belong to customer, and it does have new motor with less than 5K.

mike

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike:

Tran-Go the company, bought only one truck. It is the one listed above. It does not have a new new motor. The owner and GM from Trans-Go contacted me in regards to this truck and asked if I would post it.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Tom

You are mesinformed. I was familiar with this truck when the old owner had it and Steve Cole tuned it. This is the truck that was used for testing on the Allison shift kit along with Steve Coles input. Transgo loved the truck and old owner agreed to sell it to them. I have also worked on this truck and was told it was for sale 2 months ago and could have first crack at it with all the goodies intact. When Transgo was in the middle of their research on the Allison shift kit they called me and asked if i could find them a Duramax with big horsepower. I contacted Steve Cole and the rest is history. The old engine had some issues and was replaced by the dealer under warranty. At that time i dont think there were any rebuilt engines available and i was told it was new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.