Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys have been a little hard on Mike L, but here is my input.

After seeing many posts by Mike L on "TDP" I decided to pay him a visit. On Friday I drove down to his shop (about 30 min drive), he spent about 3 hrs with me explaining in detail the tranny upgrade. He also showed me the stock Allison clutches, Trans-Go kit, and one TC. It was very hard for me to choose a torque convertor, so mike explained to me the diff between some of the TC's. What I liked about Mike is that he did'nt push one brand over the other, he gave me all the info' and let me make my own choice. At the end I chose Suncoast triple plate with their shift kit. Mike then picked the phone and spent about 15 minutes talking to Joe @ Suncoast (they seem to know each other well). My "kit" should be here next week, can't wait. According to Mike he has been in the same location for about 30 years,and been doing transmissions since 1965(Mike please correct me if I miss quote you). I left with a very good impression of Mike and I think my Allison would be in good hands.

Guys I do not want to start anything here just give the guy a break.

peace,

Dave

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eric

·
Registered
994 Posts
Diesel5,

What is the name/location of the shop Mike L owns/works out of? I live in Orange County but commute to El Segundo everyday. I have followed the post you mention on TDP. Never know when one needs a good transmission shop.

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ingelwood Transmission 4919 Century Blvd 310-674-4400

Its close to LAX

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
David, Eric

thanks for the kind words. I own a transmission shop in Inglewood, and i love diesels , especialy the Duramax. I dont BS. I am a Suncoast dealer(although some people on the other board say i am not) Call Suncoast. I am also a TTS dealer and close friend of Steve Cole. I am also on the tech line with Transgo . I have fun helping people and love what i am doing. I don't own a Duramax yet because the '03s are gone and have not found the deal on an early '04. It will happen soon. I won't get into anymore about myself till the work on Davids truck is done and he is happy. When i get my Duramax, i will be doing a complete build-up(cant tell you what cause i dont know) and will share everything with you guys and ask your advice. I know transmissions, your collective experience and knowledge about the Duramax truck will teach me about the rest. This is fun.

regards, mike

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike,

Welcome aboard

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mike,

Good to have you here.
I have read the post on the other BB, and it sounds like you have some good info for everybody.
Scott

·
Registered
909 Posts
Welcome aboard there's always need for an experienced transmission person to add to the mix.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
I would like to meet all of you guys in southern cal. (i would like to meet all of you guys around the country but a lot of you live too far). I would like to have my Duramax when we do. We could have a lunch or dinner or anything. We could plan a dyno day. We could pick someones house we dont like and pull it down the street, J/K
We could pick a place that is comfortable for everyone as far as driving. And this is not a sales pitch! I am a Duramax enthusiast (i love all diesels). How about it?

mike

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I GOT MY TRUCK BACK FROM MIKE L.

I was very impressed with the way TransGo shifts, quick but not rough. It was also great to crank the juice to level 5 in 5th gear and not worring about limping the tranny Thanks to Suncoast . If any of you guys need a good transmission shop in Southern California I highly recommend "INGLEWOOD TRANSMISSION" fast service, great price, and Mike's years of experience.

Mike, I am looking forward to all of your future "Duramax projects"

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb005Edited by: DIESEL 5

1 - 13 of 13 Posts