Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it common to have a very minute amount of fluid around the bottom radiator trans coolant lines? I have some right around where the hydrualic crimp hoses are and onto my steering assembly. Passenger front. Never drips onto ground just noticed today when I was lubing chassis. It is trans fluid for sure...its red.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the same problem. Havent fixed it yet. Mine seems to be coming from right near the tranny cooler. A friend of mine had the same prob w/ his truck. He eneded up replacing some type of seal's, or o-ring's and it solved the problem. HTH

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine are leaking and I have an 06. Dealer replaced 2 and just waiting for the 3 rd to come in. Mine started out as just being wet then it became worse after a thousand miles or so and you can see it on the ground now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also had a transmission coolant line leak. Must have have been a bad batch of lines. Took mine truck in on 12/31, and it took about 2 hours to fix.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
trans line leak

I'm just out of my 36k warr. and saw mine leaking and said about $400 no tax at dealer??? how is this when the hose at the parts department said the part was only $42.15??? That some labor!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I found mine leaking today, both fittings on each end of the rubber hose.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I just noticed some drops on the driveway , read this thread and ...Yes they are leaking, 110,000 miles guess no warranty. Hope it does not blow apart?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts