Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's getting what ???

Suncoast verses ATS ?? These are the major players .... Let it all hang out ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Well I know what you're doin'... which is what i think i'm doin'.....

what is the deal with the ATS controller? sounds like a cool gizmo but how do the others get by without?

Reactions: 1990_6_2_diesel

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Mackin said:
Who's getting what ???

Suncoast verses ATS ?? These are the major players .... Let it all hang out ....

Mac
well i switched to the suncoast but dont take it to mean that bd trannys wont hold.the problem i had was in the install and getting it setup 100 percent bugg free.i beat the crap out of the bd tranny and it never slipped.the deal with either the bd or the suncoast tranny is haveing someone install it that knows what they are doing.i had a mechanic buddy install mine and we called bd and they told us what to do and how it should feel .problem was we all wernt understanding each other and under or over adjustments were made in error.its a pain to keep taking the tranny pan off trying to reset the pressure ect.....i do like the sun coast very much truck acts like it is 100 percent stock,but for those that are close to a bd install center the bd tranny may be worth taking a look at......jess

·
Registered
299 Posts
Truck is back home with it's new tranny mods. I have been told to put 300 miles on it using my different power settings. Shifts seem to be getting crisper. <font color="red">NO MORE SLIP</font>
. King I have a question did your tranny temp increase with the transmission change? Could the fluid increase the temp?
Time for the extreme program

Scott

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Suncoast goes in Monday. Should help on the track and pulling. Tranny is slipping pretty bad right now, with the monster boxes on.
Will be leaving tomorrow and won't be back to report till Wednesday, if i'm not locked up with BUBBA that is. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Have an offer for a kit from TTS, which supposedly is the same kit that Suncoast is using, TransGo parts. That may be the way I go. I have installed a ATS III in Mike Tomacs truck and we got the bugs out of it, works good now, nice and firm when you want it, cant tell its there when yo dont..

If I install the TTS kit, I will document everything for an article/post here on DP for all to see

·
Registered
299 Posts
Eric
you have a pm

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Texas Red Wagon said:
Truck is back home with it's new tranny mods. I have been told to put 300 miles on it using my different power settings. Shifts seem to be getting crisper. NO MORE SLIP
. King I have a question did your tranny temp increase with the transmission change? Could the fluid increase the temp?
Time for the extreme program

Scott
the bd did raise temps a bit the suncoast didnt.....jess

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, Gents my SUNCOAST tranny stuff arrived today !!!!!!!

I'm gitty with excitement ..... I can't wait to get it done ..... I'll be driven around FULL power till it is done, slip sliding
...... Can't wait to be able to use all my enhancements to their full potential ...

You all North Eastern folk best get out of the way ..... I can smell the jealousy in the air .....

Mac

·
Registered
299 Posts
Congrats
Scott

·
Registered
987 Posts
UNLIMITED MOTORSPORTS better get some heftier chains when Mac arrives ! Will Mac now beat Jesse's numbers with 6 speed ?

Find out at CT DYNO DAY 3

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Mac i want to see a pic inside your old trans. Tell suncoast when they get it back to send you pics.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Hey,

Jesse better tune up his Handshaker and check his One clutch

I will be the one of the first to touch the parts.............tomorrow..........

GMC

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Diesel Power - " What is the deal with the ATS controller? sounds like a cool gizmo but how do the others get by without? "

Maybe they don't ???

The "bugs" Eric is refering to with the ATS was a tiny spring we left out of a trim cylinoid (sp?) that caused a harsh shift into reverse. Pulled the pan and put the spring back in and the shift into reverse is smooth as silk. Otherwise there was just a few quirky shifts after clearing the Allison's brain and putting it into fast learn mode so it could learn the shift pressures again.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
chevmeister said:
Mac i want to see a pic inside your old trans. Tell suncoast when they get it back to send you pics.
Here's what Michael Tomac's look like courtesy dmaxalliTech.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I dont know what that ATS controller"controls" But it sounds to me like the LED shift mechanism on Allison World Class Trannys, where you can push a button and shift/downshift/or hold the same gear..kinda like a tiptronic....but not, on Internationals...(I call em 13 letter shizit spreaders) on the shift stalk theres buttons for each gear..you hit the button as you want em' or not....Bill

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hoot said:
chevmeister said:
Here's what Michael Tomac's look like courtesy dmaxalliTech.

If you could see fresh ones ,you'd have a turtle head pok'in .....

Mac

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey Mak
You ordered a kit right? If so what all came in the kit.
Maybe snap a pic
Thanks Scott

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Texas Red Wagon said:
Hey Mak
You ordered a kit right? If so what all came in the kit.
Maybe snap a pic
Thanks Scott

Sum clutches,sum steels,sum big heavy round ting with a hole in it ,i tink it a tork canverter ,and sum box with lots of lil parts tin it,says Go on it,go where?? .... Sum paper with connect the dots install .....

Nah na nah na I got a SUNCOAST ..........

In do time fellows be patient ....

It's a beautiful day in the neighbor hood ,for holeshots and diesel smoke ,OH !!!

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Mac, who's doing the install for ya? Somebody Suncoast recommended or someone you found that has the know-how?

Josh

Oh yeah....I'm extremely jealous!!!
Edited by: Smitty

1 - 20 of 45 Posts