Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 chevy. i bought a predator at 120hp. when it happen the first time i was in 120hp, drivin about 55 or so, went to pass someone, didnt shift out of overdrive and when i got around them it went into 3rd gear and that the only gear i had until i shut it off. no first or second either. has dont the samething in the 120, 95, 65hp settings. now when in the 120 setting i dont have to give it as much gas as before. i also have the edge hot. when this one is on, and racing or going fast, at about 95mph it shuts down like the limiter is on, but it goes into 3rd gear. the speed limiter is at 110 or 115. the only way to get the ses light off is to unplug the edge and have the predator on the 120hp setting and drive around for a while. the codes i get when using the predator are:1172, 1431, 1432, 1433, 1637, Nd099, and 0700. with the edge just the P0700. the first programer i had was the hyper tech, had no problems!! anyone have this happen or know whats going on. its getting rather annoying. its happend about 7-10 times now. gm guys around here dont know what going on. please help

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
You best be laying off the stacking of the modules(looks like it too late), as you've already damaged your clutches, or get the wallet out and pony up for a tranny kit to run those programs. It' s only gonna get worse as the damage is done. The p0700 code is a tranny code. When it goes into third gear that is called limp mode, thats from the 4-5 shift under heavy throttle and the clutches or slipping which sends it into limp. As for the other codes go to this site http://www.autotap.com/codes.asp and it'll tell you what the codes are.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have stacked the programs but when i have done that i havent had that kind of trouble because i know what will happen. i already know i am going to buy a new tranny as soon as i sell the other truck i have now. so far the only time this has happend is when only one programer was in. even on the 65 hp setting it will do that. is it slipping then?? i thought that when it goes into limp mode your little screen in the guage cluster would light up a tranny saying you had something wrong with it??? dont know

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks heartbeat for the site on trouble codes

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Everything depends on how much stacking you have done ... I got to the point where I could no longer hold 90HP level juice ...

Remove ALL power enhancers and see if problem goes away ...

Mac

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i havent really stacked them yet. maybe a total of an half hour. this all started happening when i got my predator. about three months later is when i got the juice. this problem started out right away. what i find odd is that sometimes when it happens it doesnt what to shift out of overdrive, then it goes into 3rd and then the ses light comes on??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts