Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today while on the highway doing about 65-70mph i floored it to pass a vehicle. all of a sudden i heard a clunk and the engine rev'ed up high. im guessing overdrive turned off. check engine light came on. i checked the codes and they were u0101,p0700,p0735 what could have caused this. second time already.

2005 2500hd D/A 61000mi

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
You've joined the "I limped my transmission" club...

P0735=Incorrect 5th gear ratio...AKA transmission limp

What power adder are you using?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do. I have the banks power six-gun speedloader and pda.

2005 2500hd lly 2wd cc banks six-gun speedloader pda 4"rbp turbo back 4.88 gears 40x22 toyo m/t 22x11 kmc diesels
12"cognito lift.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Wow, i didnt know you could limp it w/ a Banks... You need a suncoast :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the banks thats for the engine. so the suncoast is for the tranny right? can you tell me a little more about the limp mode.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
You overpowered the tranny clutches and slipped them. When torn down they will be black and the steels will be rainbow colored. Suncoast and ATS are 2 of the best aftermarket trannys you can get. If you want to continue running the banks and those tires you need to upgrade the tranny. If you can't afford to now, knock the banks down to the stock setting and the tranny will last a while longer. A search for "I limped it" will get you a ton of info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts