Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 chevy p/u yes, its a gasser. i dont have a tranny temp gauge is there anyway the factory one could be added to the gauge cluster..? an then have the probe put in the trans anyone know where it would go.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It is my understanding that you can just swap in a complete 3/4ton gauge cluster in place of your existing cluster... the temp sensor wiring is already in your tranny. Just swap, plug in, and enjoy. Of course you would have to either have the mileage 'programmed' into the replacement, or formally document the mileage on the door sticker to be legal. You would also need to make sure that the cluster is the pre-2003 design, since they changed in 2003. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is my understanding that you can just swap in a complete 3/4ton gauge cluster in place of your existing cluster... the temp sensor wiring is already in your tranny. Just swap, plug in, and enjoy. Of course you would have to either have the mileage 'programmed' into the replacement, or formally document the mileage on the door sticker to be legal. You would also need to make sure that the cluster is the pre-2003 design, since they changed in 2003. Cheers.
Hey thanks. tranny jumps gears sometimes when towing. so i just wanted some there to keep a eye on the tranny to make sure it didnt get too hot

Also Mike L if you read this what are the normal opp. temps on a 4L60E

1 - 3 of 3 Posts