Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can read my signature I obviously need a upgrade. Kept denying it till it limped the other day. Which company should I go with and what level since I don't plan on any more power upgrades? Prices? Who could you trust to do such a tedious mechanical labor job involved?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
north carolina

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Not too long a drive to FL...go see the boys at SunCoast.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
If you do a search I know one guy was looking into two different people for the trans. work around Charlotte ! One did it on the side recommended by Suncoast and one was a trans. shop with limited experience on Allison's !! I think he was going to end up using the shop so he can probably give you some feedback !!

I have some similar stuff as yourself and I am going to get a SCIII kit. I am going down to AL to turkey hunt in about 4-5 weeks and getting mine done at a shop in B'ham while I am down there !!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much was the kit as well as labor charge?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
What part of NC are you from, I think there is a shop in Raleigh that does ATS trannys.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
how much was the kit as well as labor charge?
Everywhere I have looked into runs about the same (Kit itself is $2300 from Suncoast.......labor around $1000) ! Stage 4 is about $500 more but I think a stage 3 is plenty for me !!! Of course there are lots of upgrades.......deep pans, transfer case brackets, different TC's, coolers, etc. that can add up real quick and cost you an extra grand easy !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts