Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a tranny shop neer St.louis that has done Allison work looking to have a sc IV installed before spring, if it is a decent drive from Stl ill make the trip to get experienced mechanic

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
kracker;1569663; said:
I am looking for a tranny shop neer St.louis that has done Allison work looking to have a sc IV installed before spring, if it is a decent drive from Stl ill make the trip to get experienced mechanic
I would think there would be one around St. Louis, i know theres a few dmaxes with built allys over there. But if not theres a few shops here on the west side of the state.

-Rob-

·
Registered
372 Posts
where around kc does trannys?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
St. Joe Diesel, Midwest Diesel (i believe they pull them and pay someone else to build it) Thats 2 places.

·
Registered
372 Posts
thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im talking to local tranny shops around here they treat me like im retarted first thing they tell me is "you know there is a bunch of tsb's on them trannys" i explain to them what is happening, what im doing, and the incorect gear ratio code then they tell me they never heard of those problems.....

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
kracker;1574082; said:
Im talking to local tranny shops around here they treat me like im retarted first thing they tell me is "you know there is a bunch of tsb's on them trannys" i explain to them what is happening, what im doing, and the incorect gear ratio code then they tell me they never heard of those problems.....

Its a far drive but sj joe diesel built my suncoast 4 and its had 25k hard, miles with no problems yet.

-Rob-

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much did they charge for labor.... Ive been reading up on doing it myself not to worried about the tranny just getting it out

·
Registered
732 Posts
Not trying to thread jack, but I was wondering if there is even a decent diesel shop around St. Louis. Would be nice to know there is a place to go to if I do have a problem.
Thanks Guys...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good question!... I just get all my parts and info from vendors on this site

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
myself and 3 other SCIVs were done by a top notch tranny shop just outside of STL.. I am not sure if he is a sponsor of this yet but I know he is working on it as of Friday :) .. but I know he is a suncoast dealer.. PM me is you want his info.. As if I post it and he is not a sponsor is will get removed. :(

·
Registered
612 Posts
turbo lcc shot me a pm with the info if you would. I also would like to have the info just in case i ever need to get mine worked on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts